One of the most popular areas of psychology is educational psychology. Educational psychology could be defined in a lot of different ways, but the basic idea is that it’s a field that studies and applies theories and concepts from all of psychology in educational settings. Educational settings might be schools, ranging from preschools all the way through college. But they also might be anywhere people learn, such as after school programs, community groups, companies or even within families. The goal of educational psychology is to make any teacher-student relationship as positive as it can be, so that the students can learn to the best of their potential. There is no single learning approach that works for everyone. That’s why psychologists working in the field of education are focused on identifying and studying learning methods to better understand how people absorb and retain new information. Educational psychologists apply theories of human development to understand individual learning and inform the instructional process.
Educational psychology has contributed considerably to the creation of the modern system of education. In teaching, we are dealing with three elements – the teacher, the student, and the subject. It has helped teachers, headmasters, administrators, inspectors, guidance and counselling workers, social workers to significantly develop an impartial and sympathetic attitude towards children and form them into integrated personalities.
Objectives and learning outputs
- To understand the Stages of Development
- To Know the Learner
- To Understand the Nature of Classroom Learning
- To Understand the Individual Differences
- To Solve Classroom Problems
- To develop Necessary Skills and Interest in Teaching
- To Understand Effective Methods of Teaching
- To Understand the Influence of Heredity and Environment on the Child
- To Understand the Mental Health of the Child
- To Understand the Procedure of Curriculum Construction
- To Provide Guidance and Counselling
- To Understand Principles of Evaluation and Assessment
- To Know Himself/Herself
- Educational Psychology Helps in Professional Growth, Changing Attitude and Innovative Thinking
The educational programme will be re-organised accordingly to the professional needs of our partners. All courses proposed will pass through an accurate assesment of needs, goals and learning outputs. This process will be enhanced before every partnership request as the daily schedule.
Course location: Infol – Innovation Training Orientation and Employment
Site: Rome, Athens
Number of days of training: 5/6/7/10
Lesson time: 4 hours
Language of instruction: English , French, Turkish, Italian, Spanish,Bulgarian, Romanian.
Participation fee:send mail to [email protected]
The course will combine theory input and discussion with analysis of practical incidents with the purpose of finding out different possible solutions. The methodology used is mainly content-based language instruction (communication through specific content).Text discussion, oral presentation and discussion, role-playing, self- and meta-reflection, debating and group interaction will be the strategies more frequently used.
- Active methodologies
- Role playing
- New technologies
- Visits/workshops in educational institutions as schools, universities, educational centers, and companies
- Europass Mobility
- Certificate of Attendance