The Montessori Method is a prepared educational environment where children can live and work in freedom and peace.
The Montessori course consists of the study of psychological changes in children and the study of the attitudes and procedures through which the teacher may assist the child during his development.
It help participants knowledge all the different ways in which the Montessori Method.
During this first meeting we will learn about Maria Montessori and her studies.
Monday – Session A
- The life of Maria Montessori Maria Tecla Artemisia Montessori was born on August 31, 1870 in Chiaravalle, Italy. She was an educator, physician, pedagogist, philosopher and scientist renowned for the educational system which was named after her, the “Montessori Method”. Initially employed in Italy, her method was quickly adopted worldwide. The schools which follow the “Montessori
- Method” are still today the preferred choice over the many alternatives teaching systems.
Monday -Session B
- Core principles of the method In this session we will learn about the basic principles the method is based upon 1) Order and nature 2) Learning and movement 3) Freedom of choice 4) Engage interest 5) Rewards 6) Practical activities 7) Mixed-age classrooms 8) Context 9) Role of the teacher 10) Independence and self-discipline
In these sessions we will learn about the first Developing Materials and the Practical Life
- Tuesday – Session A – Montessori materials Object Fitting Pink Tower
- Tuesday – Session B – Montessori materials Color Cylinders Color Tablets
- Wednesday – Session A – Montessori materials Drawing insets
- Wednesday – Session B – Montessori materials Pairing Cards – Picture/Picture
- Thursday – Session A – Montessori materials Namenclatures Cards – Picture/Word
- Thursday – Session B – Montessori materials Nomenclature Cards – Geography Life Cycles
- Friday – Session A Practical Life – Activities and organization
- Friday – Session B Thoughts and conclusion – Montessori: a method which is compatible with different pedagogical approaches and systems.
Objectives and learning outputs
- To introduce the Montessori principle and philosophy.
- To understand basically child psychology and child development
- To learn the Montessori environment and to organize a Montessori classroom.
The course will combine theory input and discussion with analysis of practical incidents with the purpose of finding out different possible solutions. The methodology used is mainly content-based language instruction (communication through specific content).Text discussion, oral presentation and discussion, role-playing, self- and meta-reflection, debating and group interaction will be the strategies more frequently used.
- Active methodologies
- Role playing
- New technologies
- Visits/workshops in educational institutions as schools, universities, educational centers, and companies
Course location: Infol – Innovation Training Orientation and Employment
Number of days of training: 5/6/7/10
Lesson time: 4 hours
Language of instruction: English,French, Turkish, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish,Bulgarian, Romanian.
- Europass Mobility
- Certificate of Attendance
- Starting on 20.11.2023 – Ending on 24.11.2023
- Starting on 01.04.2024 – Ending on 05.04.2024