Welcome to the Teacher Training on STEM Education course! This comprehensive 20-hour program is designed to equip educators with the knowledge, strategies, and practical skills needed to excel in teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) subjects. STEM Education is more than just an acronym; it’s a dynamic approach to teaching that integrates multiple disciplines and fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity. In this course, you’ll delve into the core principles of STEM and learn how to inspire and engage your students in these critical fields.
Lesson 1: Introduction to STEM Education
– Define STEM Education and its significance.
– Explore various teaching methods in STEM.
– Identify fundamental STEM skills.
Lesson 2: Strategies for Effective STEM Teaching
– Evaluate and implement effective STEM teaching methodologies.
– Design engaging STEM lessons with hands-on activities.
– Utilize technology to enhance STEM instruction.
Lesson 3: Integrating Science into STEM
– Analyze the role of science in the STEM framework.
– Plan interdisciplinary science projects.
– Design and conduct practical science experiments.
Lesson 4: Technology and Engineering in STEM
– Differentiate the roles of technology and engineering in STEM.
– Create and execute technology-based STEM projects.
– Apply engineering principles to solve real-world STEM challenges.
Lesson 5: Mathematics in STEM
– Emphasize the importance of mathematics in STEM.
– Design and implement applied mathematics projects.
– Solve mathematical problems in various STEM contexts.
Objectives and learning outputs
Each lesson includes practical activities, discussions, and projects that will empower you to immediately apply what you’ve learned in your own teaching environment. By the end of the course, you will have developed a rich toolkit of STEM teaching strategies and a deep understanding of how to foster STEM skills in your students.
The educational programme will be re-organised accordingly to the professional needs of our partners. All courses proposed will pass through an accurate assesment of needs, goals and learning outputs. This process will be enhanced before every partnership request as the daily schedule.
Course location: Infol – Innovation Training Orientation and Employment
Site: Rome, Athens
Number of days of training: 5/6/7/10
Lesson time: 4 hours
Language of instruction: English , French, Turkish, Italian, Spanish,Bulgarian, Romanian.
Participation fee:send mail to [email protected]
The course will combine theory input and discussion with analysis of practical incidents with the purpose of finding out different possible solutions. The methodology used is mainly content-based language instruction (communication through specific content).Text discussion, oral presentation and discussion, role-playing, self- and meta-reflection, debating and group interaction will be the strategies more frequently used.
- Active methodologies
- Role playing
- New technologies
- Visits/workshops in educational institutions as schools, universities, educational centers, and companies
- Europass Mobility
- Certificate of Attendance