Early school leaving is a critical issue in education, and teachers play a pivotal role in identifying and preventing it. This training course is designed to equip educators with the knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to recognize the signs of early school leaving, create a supportive classroom environment, and implement effective preventive measures.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand Early School Leaving: Grasp the concept of early school leaving, its consequences, and the underlying causes and risk factors.
- Foster a Supportive Classroom Environment: Learn techniques to establish a positive and inclusive classroom atmosphere, address students’ emotional and social needs, and manage classrooms effectively.
- Identify At-Risk Students: Recognize indicators of academic, behavioral, and emotional struggles, conduct early assessments, and collaborate with support staff for early intervention.
- Enhance Communication and Engagement:Develop effective communication skills with students and parents/guardians, motivate students through active engagement, and incorporate innovative teaching methods and technology.
- Implement Preventive Strategies: Explore community resources and partnerships, create personalized intervention plans, build a network of support within the school, and monitor and track student progress.
- Promote a Culture of Early Intervention: Encourage a school-wide culture that values early intervention, involving teachers, staff, and parents/guardians in the process.
Learning outcomes and goals
1. Understanding Early School Leaving:
– Goal: Develop a deep understanding of the concept of early school leaving, its implications, and the factors contributing to it.
– Outcome: Participants will be able to define early school leaving, identify its consequences, and recognize common causes and risk factors.
2. Creating a Supportive Classroom Environment:
– Goal: Equip teachers with the skills to establish a positive, inclusive classroom atmosphere and effectively manage classroom dynamics.
– Outcome: Participants will be able to create a classroom environment that fosters student engagement, motivation, and a sense of belonging.
3. Identifying At-Risk Students:
– Goal: Train teachers to identify students who may be at risk of leaving school early due to academic, behavioral, or emotional struggles.
– Outcome: Participants will learn to recognize signs of student difficulties, conduct early assessments, and collaborate with support staff for intervention.
4. Enhancing Communication and Engagement:
– Goal: Improve communication between teachers, students, and parents/guardians to create a more supportive learning environment.
– Outcome: Participants will gain effective communication skills, motivate students through active engagement, and utilize innovative teaching methods.
5. Implementing Preventive Strategies:
– Goal: Provide teachers with tools and strategies to prevent early school leaving, both within their classrooms and through community resources.
– Outcome: Participants will learn how to design personalized intervention plans, access community resources, and create a network of support within the school.
6. Promoting a Culture of Early Intervention:
– Goal: Encourage a school-wide culture that values early intervention and collaboratively involves teachers, staff, and parents/guardians.
– Outcome: Participants will be equipped to promote and champion early intervention practices throughout their educational institutions.
Course location: Infol – Innovation Training Orientation and Employment
Site: Rome, Athens
Number of days of training: 5/6/7/10
Lesson time: 4 hours
Language of instruction: English,French, Turkish, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish,Bulgarian, Romanian.
- Starting on 22.01.2024 – Ending on 26.01.2024
- Starting on 04.03.2024 – Ending on 08.03.2024
- Starting on 22.04.2024 – Ending on 26.04.2024
- Starting on 24.06.2024 – Ending on 28.06.2024
- Starting on 23.10.2023 – Ending on 27.10.2023
- Starting on 15.01.2024 – Ending on 19.01.2024
- Starting on 13.05.2024 – Ending on 17.05.2024