What is a course in tourism and hospitality? This class equips you with the management, marketing and operational skills necessary to successfully fulfill a position within the travel or hospitality arenas.
Being that both industries pull different aspects from several other fields, you will partake in an interdisciplinary course of study.
This training presents the professional skills required for you to excel in a career in the tourism and hospitality sector. The Programme in Hospitality and Tourism Management provides a strong foundation in the knowledge and tools in business and management that are necessary to excel in this prime growth area. Participants will explore the economic impact of tourism and hospitality in a range of international contexts, and consider the evolving social, cultural, economic and political factors, which influence the industry.
This programme will explore in depth the role of Customer Service, Personnel, Management, Hospitality Management and International Marketing and Tourism. Participants will be able to analyse and evaluate the policies and principles that best promote a customer-focused culture and learn how to successfully manage a team to obtain this objective. Participants will also develop the skills that will enable them to predict potential trends and pitfalls within the industry and design and develop effective strategies to adjust their marketing strategies accordingly.
Objectives and learning outputs
- Support an industry and workplace service culture by adopting a positive attitude and professional decorum, accommodating diverse and special needs, and contributing as a team member.
- Deliver customer service and solutions that anticipate, meet and/or exceed individual expectations, as well as organizational expectations, standards and objectives.
- Use marketing concepts, market research, social networks, sales strategies, relationship management skills and product knowledge to promote and sell tourism products, services and customer experiences.
- Apply business principles as well as basic accounting, budgeting, financial and administration skills to support the effective management and operation of a variety of organizations delivering tourism products and services.
- Comply with relevant organization and workplace systems, processes, policies, standards, legal obligations and regulations, and apply risk management principles, to support and maintain efficient, safe, secure, accessible and healthy tourism operations.
- Use appropriate technologies to enhance the quality and delivery of tourism products, services and customer experiences, to measure the effectiveness of tourism operations and to participate in tourism development.
- Keep current with tourism trends and issues, and interdependent relationships in the broader tourism industry* sectors to improve work performance and guide career development.
- Use leadership, teamwork, conflict and relationship management skills and tools, as well as knowledge of organizational behaviour, employment standards and human rights to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Respond to issues and dilemmas arising in the delivery of tourism products, services and customer experiences by using and promoting ethical behaviour and best practices of corporate social responsibility and environmental sustainability
The educational programme will be re-organised accordingly to the professional needs of our partners. All courses proposed will pass through an accurate assesment of needs, goals and learning outputs. This process will be enhanced before every partnership request as the daily schedule.
Course location: Infol – Innovation Training Orientation and Employment
Site: Rome, Athens
Number of days of training: 2/3 Weeks
Lesson time: 6/8 hours
Language of instruction: English , French, Turkish, Italian, Spanish,Bulgarian, Romanian.
Internship in Company inclused
Participation fee: send mail to [email protected]
The course will combine theory input and discussion with analysis of practical incidents with the purpose of finding out different possible solutions. The methodology used is mainly content-based language instruction (communication through specific content).Text discussion, oral presentation and discussion, role-playing, self- and meta-reflection, debating and group interaction will be the strategies more frequently used.
- Active methodologies
- Role playing
- New technologies
- Visits/workshops in educational institutions as schools, universities, educational centers, and companies
- Europass Mobility
- Certificate of Attendance