The proposed Erasmus short-term learning mobility program titled “Enhancing First Aid Expertise: Vocational Student Training in Health and Welfare Sector” offers an immersive and comprehensive two-week training experience for vocational students in the health and welfare sector. The program focuses on equipping participants with specialized knowledge and practical skills essential for providing effective first aid in diverse professional settings. Through a series of workshops, practical activities, expert interactions, and company visits, students will have the opportunity to engage with industry professionals, gain hands-on experience, and develop a deep understanding of the critical role of first aid in emergency response and healthcare delivery.
This program is designed to foster a proactive learning environment where students can actively participate in simulated scenarios, hands-on training, and interactive sessions with experts to enhance their critical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and communication skills. By emphasizing the importance of ethical conduct, industry compliance, and continuous professional development, the program aims to instill a sense of confidence and competence in students, preparing them to become proficient first responders and valuable assets in the health and welfare sector. Through this Erasmus short-term learning mobility initiative, students will not only acquire practical expertise but also gain a broader perspective on the challenges and opportunities within the field of first aid provision.
The program aims to provide vocational students in the health and welfare sector with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively administer first aid. Through a series of workshops, practical activities, expert interactions, and company visits, participants will gain comprehensive insights into various aspects of first aid provision and management.
- Field Training Exercises: Practical application of first aid techniques in controlled settings to ensure students are confident in their abilities.
- Role-Playing Exercises: Simulated scenarios to help students understand the practical challenges of providing first aid in high-stress situations.
- Interactive Seminars: Engage students in discussions with seasoned professionals in the field of emergency medicine and first aid provision.
- Q&A Sessions: Offer students the opportunity to clarify doubts and seek insights from experts regarding best practices and industry trends.
- Healthcare Facilities Visit: Explore different healthcare facilities to understand the integration of first aid practices within a professional medical setting.
- Emergency Response Centers Visit: Gain practical insights into the functioning of emergency response centers and their role in providing immediate aid to those in need.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of fundamental and advanced first aid techniques and their application in various emergency situations.
- Develop the ability to assess and prioritize medical emergencies based on the severity of the condition and the available resources.
- Cultivate effective communication and teamwork skills essential for providing efficient and coordinated first aid services.
- Acquire the confidence and competence to handle high-pressure situations and make quick, effective decisions in emergency scenarios.
- Gain insights into the standard protocols and regulations governing the provision of first aid in different healthcare and public settings.
- Understand the importance of empathy and sensitivity while providing first aid services to individuals in distress.
- Identify and analyze potential risks in different environments and implement proactive measures to prevent emergencies.
- Evaluate personal performance and actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and professional development in the field of first aid provision.
- First aid
- Basic control and measurement of vital signs of the sick and injured
- Maintaining the patient’s body temperature.
- Application – regulation of airway in emergency situations.
- Wound care, asepsis − antisepsis, care.
- Immobilization of the injured and safe transfer of the patient.
- Control of external bleeding
- Placement of peripheral venous lines and administration of fluids.
- Basic life support (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation).
- Application and use of an automatic external defibrillator.
Students will acquire skills:
- To apply all those constantly evolving rescue actions and techniques that are necessary
- for the correct treatment of the patient
- to properly handle the necessary equipment for emergency assistance.
- To apply communication skills with the patient, his relatives and his colleagues.
- to use emergency care delivery systems according to domestic and international data – formal protocols
- To offer their services in cases of mass accidents or disasters.
Planning an Erasmus mobility experience in Rome with students through Infol Education opens up a world of opportunities for personal and professional growth. Rome, known as the Eternal City, offers a rich blend of history, culture, and modernity that can transform your educational journey.
Infol Education offer outstanding programs that combine top-notch education with an unforgettable cultural experience in the Eternal City.
Infol Education, renowned for its expertise in organizing Erasmus programs, ensures that participants receive top-notch training courses that not only enhance their skills but also provide a unique cross-cultural experience. Rome serves as the perfect backdrop for this learning adventure.