Coaching is an important professional learning strategy that supports professional growth.
Coaching has been around a while at the leadership level, but it has taken its time in getting to the teacher level. It is talking about educational coaching, instructional coaching, life coaching, learning coaching, leadership coaching.
Coaching can address a range of characteristics and developmental needs that contribute to the effectiveness of a teacher. Teacher coaching in schools takes various forms, but is commonly conceived as a means of providing personalised professional support to teachers through discussion about their practice.
Coaching takes time to organise and facilitate within any organisation, and as time is precious in all schools it is important that coaching, where used, works to maximum effect. This course is designed to be of value both to schools who are planning to develop coaching to enhance teaching and learning as a new endeavour and to those where coaching already exists. It will provide guidance for establishing models of coaching which are:
- focused on enhancing teaching and learning
- beneficial to all coaching participants in terms of professional learning sustainable over the long term.
This course will introduce participants to the Grow coaching techniques along with emotional freedom techniques. Participants will learn how to manage and reduce stress levels, thereby improving not only their overall health but also their day to day interaction with students and colleagues (by applying communication techniques in order to reduce early school dropouts).
Objectives and learning outputs
The main goal of the course is to create trust, motivate and empower teams. We need to empower the positive values in the system even if the conditions are not ideal, even if we have to deal with cultural diversity and different understanding of values. It’s about managing techniques and how to use them for you and your organization’s benefit. By the end of the course participants will have a substantial understanding of coaching framework and coaching models. They will develop core coaching skills, including observation process, feedback, questioning, listening, raising awareness, establishing and maintaining an authentic relationship.
- Solve and reduce stress levels and develop the necessary abilities to manage emotions
- Overcome anxiety within the classroom
- Create strategies on how to deal with and eliminate violent or aggressive behaviour.
- Understand the causes of physical and mental health issues within the teaching profession.
- Improve interpersonal relationships within the education environment.
- Identify limiting and negative beliefs and transform them into positive and supporting ones
- Analyse bullying, aggressive behaviour and violence, physical and verbal.
- Introducing new tools and resources to apply in the classroom to create well-being
- Reduce early school leaving
The educational programme will be re-organised accordingly to the professional needs of our partners. All courses proposed will pass through an accurate assesment of needs, goals and learning outputs. This process will be enhanced before every partnership request as the daily schedule.
Course location: Infol – Innovation Training Orientation and Employment
Site: Rome, Athens
Number of days of training: 5/6/7/10
Lesson time: 4 hours
Language of instruction: English , French, Turkish, Italian, Spanish,Bulgarian, Romanian.
Participation fee:send mail to [email protected]
The course will combine theory input and discussion with analysis of practical incidents with the purpose of finding out different possible solutions. The methodology used is mainly content-based language instruction (communication through specific content).Text discussion, oral presentation and discussion, role-playing, self- and meta-reflection, debating and group interaction will be the strategies more frequently used.
- Active methodologies
- Role playing
- New technologies
- Visits/workshops in educational institutions as schools, universities, educational centers, and companies
- Europass Mobility
- Certificate of Attendance